his post is aimed at the WordPress beginners who are looking for a tutorial on how to create a WordPress post with video instructions.
How to Create a post in WordPress
Creating a post in WordPress is really simple.
- Login to the WordPress dashboard by visiting http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Click on ‘Add New’ from the ‘Posts’ menu once you are inside the WordPress admin panel
- There are four main and important sections in a post that you should fill in before publishing the post
- The post title
- Post content
- Give the post a nice title.
- Add the post content in the content section.
- Add relevant tags for this post.
- Add the post to the relevant category (Create a category if a relevant category doesn’t exist).
- Publish the post by hitting the ‘Publish’ button.
Few Post Editing How Tos
- To add a more tag in the post just position the cursor at the appropriate place then click on the ‘Insert More Tag’
- To create a header text just select the text then chose the desired Heading style
- To insert bulleted list just click on the Ordered List button
- To add the post to a Category just tick the desired category from the categories list
- If a relevant category doesn’t exist then click on the ‘Add New Category’ and add it
- To add relevant tags just type in the Tags in the Tags box
- To save the post just click on ‘Save Draft’ anytime
- To insert an image to the post, just click on the ‘Add an Image button
- To add/embed YouTube video into your WordPress post simply copy the embed code from YouTube and paste it into your post in ‘HTML’ View. (It’s important that you paste the YouTube code in ‘HTML’ view and not the ‘Visual’ view)
Good Practice Tips
- Save the post frequently (just in case something goes wrong and you lose power to your computer)
- Always preview the post before publishing to make sure it looks exactly the way you want it to look.
- Check spelling. (Reading an article full of spelling mistakes can be very annoying)
- Do a proof reading and fix the grammatical errors if any.
- Use the ‘All in all SEO’ WordPress plugin to optimize the post for search engines